Cattle Droving by Day
- You will be riding as part of a real cattle drive with experienced Outback drovers who will guide you along this well worn route.
- The full cattle drive takes 13 days and you will select a package which will allow you to experience a section of this ride ranging from 4 to 5 days each.
- Your average daily rides will range between 10 and 18 kms per day, so be prepared for some tender spots! If you find you are getting a little ‘saddle sore,’ you can have a turn riding in the “chuck wagon.”
- Horses are suited to the rider and will be changed regularly as horses need to be spelled (rested).
- A ride orientation will be provided and beginners will learn how to saddle and care for their horse on the ride.
- All meals (breakfast, morning smoko, lunch, afternoon smoko and evening meal) on the drive are provided.
- Lunch is provided from the back of the “chuck” wagon and smokos are taken at suitable stops along the drive.
- Breakfast and dinner will be at the campsite.
About the campsite
- We generally aim to arrive at our overnight campsite just on dusk and we depart early the next morning around 5.00am.
- You are responsible for setting up your own Swag and it is recommended that you lay a tarp underneath to protect you from early morning dew.
- A bush toilet with privacy walls will be at each campsite.
- There is no shower. We recommend bringing along baby wipes for personal hygiene.
- Mobile phone coverage ranges between limited and non-existent and there is no facility for recharging phones on the drive. A back up battery is recommended.
- Each campsite will be equipped with an emergency satellite phone.
- All campsite meals are prepared and served by our qualified cooks.
- Beer, wine and soft drink is available for purchase. A docket book will be provided for you to record your purchases. Payment will be settled at the end of the ride.